Welcome to Eravikulam National Park
Eravikulam National Park Entry Online booking
How to reach
The park is accessible from Kochi (Kerala) and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) Airports, which are located at about 148 km and 175 km respectively. Munnar, the nearest town (13 km) is well connected by roads from Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
The nearest Railway Station in Kerala is Alwaye (120 km) and Coimbatore (160 km) in Tamil Nadu.
The motorable roads inside the park includes the one that passes through the southern extremity, inside the tourism and awareness zone (Rajamala) to the Rajamala tea estate and the one in the Lakkom Muthuvakudy in the southern boundary which is connected to Lakkom in the Munnar – Udumalpet road by a road that passes through the tea estate owned by KDHP Company.
All other movements inside the park are on foot along trails and footpaths.
Entry time: 7:00 am – 4.00 pm
Indian Adults – 125/- (Children – 95/-)
Foreign Nationals – 420/-
Ordinary Camera – 45/-
Video Camera – 335/-
Reservation fee Rs 50/- (Reservation counter 9 am – 3 pm at Information centre, Munnar)
Eravikulam National Park : February to March
Dos & DON’TS
1. This National Park is declared for the protection & conservation of the Nilgiri Tahr; which is an endangered species.
2. While on safari, sighting of wildlife is absolutely based on chance; not certain.
3. Carrying of food and beverage items into the Park is prohibited.
4. Do not litter the park; leave your foot prints only.
5. Smoking, consumption of alcohol and other contraband inside the Park is prohibited.
6. Feeding, teasing, disturbing wild animals is strictly prohibited.
7. While inside the Park, do not keep pet animals, firearms, traps, poisonous or any other substance which is injurious to the wildlife.
8. Please take care to limit your presence in the designated areas only while inside the Park.
9. Illegal entry, use of unauthorized space, unauthorized trekking and picnicking is punishable.
10. Do not play music, honk or speak loudly. Silence can help you hear wildlife
11. Do not carry plastic materials inside the park as the Park is a Plastic free zone.
Breaching any of the above don’ts or any other lawful directions of the Park management through the staff on duty will be fined suitably and/ penalised as per the provisions contained in the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 or as deemed fit.